Laser Dentistry in Tucson, AZ
If you haven't visited a modern dental office recently, you might be surprised to find all the ways we at Sabino Hills Family Dentistry can make your treatments faster, more comfortable, and far more productive than ever before.
Tucson dentist Dr. Michael Allen and our entire team spend countless hours pursuing advanced training and continuing education to bring you the latest and best that dentistry has to offer. We investigate new trends and emerging technology and apply those that are best suited to your unique needs.
Many people may not fully appreciate how your gums are instrumental in the design of your smile. Patients who aren't happy with how their gums impact their smile can turn to laser dentistry and our highly-skilled dentists in Tucson to recontour gums. It's incredibly exciting what advanced training and equipment can do to improve your appearance and quality of life! Patients who suffer from periodontal disease might be very interested to learn that laser dentistry can be used to treat it.
If we've caught your attention and you're interested in learning more about all the benefits of laser dentistry, please read on or call us to schedule an appointment with Dr. Allen. We look forward to talking with you.
- What Is Laser Dentistry?
- Why Should I Consider Laser Dentistry?
- Non-Invasive Laser Dentistry in Tucson
- Procedures We Perform with Lasers
- Treating Periodontal Disease
- What Are the Signs of Gum Disease?
- Please Stop by Our 85749 Dental Office for a Visit
What Is Laser Dentistry?
Do you have a gummy smile that is mostly gums instead of pearly whites? Do you think your gum tissue is uneven? We can help.
Gingival recontouring is an effective dental treatment that can address these concerns and more. Our painless laser therapy allows us to correct your gumlines without surgery, which means no stitches, comfortable treatment, and fast healing times.
How can laser dentistry help you? Here are a few examples of the ways we use dental lasers to improve the aesthetics of your smile and your oral health.
- Gummy smiles—Teeth that appear short in proportion to gums
- Long teeth—Teeth that appear too long due to gum recession
- Uneven gumlines—Due to sporadic gum recession
- Gingival recontouring—Redesign your smile by reshaping your gums
- Overgrown tissue under the tongue—We can improve your speech or breathing
Why Should I Consider Laser Dentistry?
At Sabino Hills Family Dentistry, Dr. Allen examines your teeth and gums thoroughly—we may use digital x-rays—to make sure you are a good candidate for this and other dental treatments.
We never tell a patient what to do, but we believe in empowering our patients by educating them and making sure they know all their options. We love answering questions and going through a dental procedure so that patients know what to expect.
During your time with us, we may also consider the health of your teeth and gums, your general health, and any past dental treatments.
If you have poor oral or general health, that does not necessarily preclude you from seeking dental treatments. Laser dentistry is minimally invasive and often a better option over traditional methods, especially if there are underlying health issues.
Your dentist in Tucson will go over their findings with you, and together we will determine if you are ready for this dental procedure.
Non-Invasive Laser Dentistry in Tucson
We are pleased to now offer our patients the comfort of gentle, non-invasive laser dentistry that provides many benefits:
- No Shots – Nobody likes the idea of injections, especially for your child. But laser treatment is so gentle and comfortable that no drilling or anesthesia is needed in many cases.
- Efficient – Dental lasers cut down on post-treatment bleeding and recovery times so that we can efficiently provide the treatment you need and let you get back to your life. Laser treatment is so efficient that we can often perform multiple procedures during a single appointment.
- More Precise – Dental lasers allow us to pinpoint problem areas resulting in a more conservative approach to treating decay. With lasers, we only need to remove the decayed portion of the tooth, which allows us to preserve as much of your healthy tooth structure as possible.
- Faster Healing – Non-invasive laser procedures result in minimal bleeding, faster recovery, and improved outcomes.
Procedures We Perform with Lasers
Thanks to these clinical benefits, laser dentistry allows us to improve your oral health, appearance, and comfort in the following ways:
- Remove decay without the need for anesthesia
- Treat periodontal disease by eliminating diseased tissue from underneath the gums, sterilizing periodontal pockets, and removing dead tissue
- Remove oral growths like herpetic sores and relieve the pain of cold sores and fever blisters
- Contour excess gum tissue to eliminate the appearance of a "gummy" smile
- Fix a "tongue-tie" with a procedure called a frenectomy
- Supercharge your in-office whitening treatment for stunning results
Treating Periodontal Disease
Periodontal disease, or commonly known as gum disease, is a severe oral condition that impacts millions of adult Americans. If left untreated, it can destroy your gums tissue, jawbone, and lead to tooth loss. Additionally, it can impact your general health by affecting your heart, spreading infection, and increasing your stroke risk.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, almost half of adults over thirty have periodontal disease, and many may not even know it. Since gum disease doesn't typically show symptoms until it's too late, it can be easy to have it and fail to heal it.
At Sabino Hills Family Dentistry, it is our honor to ease any discomfort or dental emergency using the latest dental technology. We can quickly treat what could be a potential dental disaster using laser-assisted therapy. Patients never have to worry about painful or stressful treatments; we make sure that you feel warm and cozy while making you healthy.
Are you interested in getting on our schedule? Dr. Allen will screen you for gum disease signs, along with oral cancer and other significant oral health issues. We want our patients to be safe and feel confident that they don't have any underlying oral health issues.
What Are the Signs of Gum Disease?
Many people suffering from gum disease aren't aware since there may not be noticeable signs, especially early on. Patients typically visit us when the disease has moved into the gingivitis stage, which is reversible.
Our preventive program includes routine visits to Dr. Allen twice a year for comprehensive dental exams and meticulous cleanings. Getting your teeth cleaned allows us to remove plaque build-up. This plaque can harden at the gum line and lead to periodontal disease.
You should come to see us if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Consistent bad breath even after brushing and flossing
- Tooth pain
- Abnormal sensitivity in teeth
- Bleeding gums after flossing
- "Longer" teeth due to receding gums
- Loose pockets of gum tissue around teeth
Please Stop by Our East Tucson Dental Office for a Visit
Here at Sabino Hills Family Dentistry, we are excited about all the possibilities laser dentistry offers our patients. Your comfort and safety are our top priorities, and you should know that Dr. Allen is trained and certified to safely provide laser dentistry.
If you would like to see how laser dentistry in Tucson, AZ can improve your oral health, enhance your smile, and streamline your visits, please call Sabino Hills Family Dentistry.