What are the symptoms of gum disease?
Gum disease can be serious if left untreated, and many times, symptoms do not appear until the disease is advanced. However, it’s crucial to be able to recognize tell-tale signs that a visit to the dentist is necessary.
Signs of Periodontal Disease
- Pain and tenderness along your gum line
- Red and swollen gums instead of pink gums
- Bleeding when you brush and floss
- Visibly noticeable receding gums, making teeth appear longer
- Loose teeth
- Sores or pus between your teeth and in mouth
- Chronic bad breath that does not go away after brushing
- A noticeable change in how your teeth feel
The best way to cure gum disease is to prevent it in the first place. While good oral hygiene prevents many oral issues, factors like diet and smoking must be considered. As with many health problems, ignoring it does not make it go away. Gum disease becomes harder to cure the longer it is left untreated, and can ultimately lead to tooth loss.
Contact Our Tucson Office
If you have any tooth or jaw pain, this may be a sign that you need to make an appointment with your Tucson, AZ, dentist Dr. Michael Allen. Don’t wait for things to get better; invest in your oral health today.