You’ve probably heard your dentist talk about the importance of preventative dental care, but have you ever stopped to think about precisely what that term means?
At Sabino Hills Family Dentistry, we strive to help our patients keep their smiles healthy for life. We know that the best way to do this is to stop dental decay before it ever develops. How? With preventative dentistry in East Tucson!
How to Keep Your Smile Healthy
The preventative dental care we offer in our dental chair, combined with the preventative dental hygiene habits you practice at home, exists to keep your smile healthy and to hold disease and dental problems at bay.
So what does preventative dental care include? Any professional dental services or at-home habits that keep your mouth healthy and prevent cavities, gum disease, and other preventable dental problems.
Preventative Dental Services in East Tucson
Preventative dentistry in East Tucson includes:
- Professional dental cleanings
- Bitewing x-rays and other dental imaging
- Oral cancer screenings
- Full-mouth dental exams
- Fluoride rinses
- Dental sealants
You can practice excellent preventative dental care habits on your own by:
- Brushing your teeth twice a day or after every meal
- Flossing at least every 24 hours
- Wearing a mouthguard when you play sports
- Rinsing with mouthwash after flossing your teeth
- Eating healthy foods and avoiding too much dietary acid or sugar
- Avoiding tobacco products