Dentists have always suffered from the undeserved bad press. Sure, there are good dentists and bad dentists. But the majority of dental professionals, like Tucson dentist Dr. Michael Allen, actually enjoy spending time with their patients and showing them the positive side of dentistry.
Common Dental Misconceptions
Misconceptions are still common, though, so we would like to address a few that are just plain untrue!
- Dentists Are Cold and Clinical – Sure, dentists are highly educated and skilled professionals, but they are still human! They have their own busy lives and share the same concerns you do. Most importantly, they share your goal of achieving the best possible oral health.
- Dentists Only Care about My Teeth – Have you ever visited the dentist and felt like the only thing they cared about was your teeth and not you and your needs? Of course, healthy teeth is why we do what we do. But your life shouldn’t have to fit into your dentistry – your dentistry should fit into your life! That is why we treat YOU, the person, and not just your oral health.
- All Dentists Are Judgmental – This couldn’t be further from the truth! In reality, we are happy to see you whenever you come to us. We’re not too worried about where you were with your dental care, but where you are now. It wouldn’t make much sense for us to short-circuit your efforts when you do decide it’s time to see the dentist!
- Dental Visits Are Uncomfortable – This is probably the biggest myth and the hardest one to overcome. Rest assured that the majority of dentists put you and your comfort first, whether you’re having a cleaning or a root canal. In addition, new dental technology and treatment approaches have come a long way in helping fearful patients get the care they need.
- Dentists Are in It for the Money – Yes, we have to earn a living too. But dentists who truly care about all their patients’ needs will start with the most conservative and affordable options first. At Sabino Hills Family Dentistry, Tucson dentist Dr. Michael Allen takes the time to get to know you and to understand how we can make it easy to fit dental care into your budget.
If you are looking for a dental practice that caters to all your needs and puts your comfort first, please give us a call!